Process Students' Application
Once you join in our program, we will start the application process immediately. Every year we have hundreds of international students applying and enrolling into their ideal schools. We assist you with any questions or problems you might have throughout the admission process.
School Admission Process
- Student submits (a) student transcript, (b) acceptable English proficiency test scores, (c) student information and (4) a copy of valid student passport.
- Upon review of above, we will recommend 2-3 US schools for student to enroll.
- Student submits to us (a) our program application documents as required, (b) school documents from student’s current school, as required by us, (c) school application for selected US school, (d) US school application fee (varied by school), (e) homestay application, and (f) homestay application fee of $600.00 US.
- We arrange for interviews of student and his/her parents.
- We submit all appropriate documents to US schools on behalf of student.
- Admission’s decision is rendered and received.
- Student submits I-20 application fee as instructed by us as fee amounts vary by school.
- We submit I-20 fee to school.
- We receive original I-20 from school, copy of I-20 sent to our agent in student’s country by email.
- Upon receipt of deposit of $5,000.00 US toward our program fee from our agency in student’s country, original I-20 will be sent to the agency.
- Student obtains the F-1visa from the American Embassy in students’ country. If student is unable to obtain the visa after 2 attempts, we will refund the program fee deposit.
- We send host family information to our agency 2-4 weeks before the start of school.
- Student wires to us the balance of the program fee and provides his/her arrival information.
- We send final host family information along with airport pick up confirmation.
Welcome to America!
- Student arrives and meets host family.
- Student attends the orientation within 2 weeks of arrival.
- Local Coordinator (or LC) is assigned to student. LC coordinates and communicates with student and school.
- LC contacts student at least a once a month and provides monthly report to parents. LC meets student at least every other month. Student activity is held twice a year.
- Academic support, tutoring support, and college consulting is available upon request for additional fee.
- We send monthly report on student to designated agency to be given to parents.